Monday, August 20, 2007

I wish Chris Cole would teach me how to do a kickflip.

Chris cole did it again, earning a second gold medal in Men's Skateboard Street at the X Games. Great news for him, and now I just want him to teach me how to do a kickflip!

With a total score of 94.33, Chris beat out his competition! He also won best trick, with a massive 360 double kickflip, decided by fan vote online and by text messaging.

Following his win, Chris said "I feel good, I was just trying to make as much stuff as I could. I realized it didn't have to be the best stuff in the world, 'cause it wasn't a best trick contest, it was a jam." and this is a key lesson for new skaters - you don't always have to go for the biggest trick, you will learn a lot more, a lot faster if you try to go for consitency, before you start chucking yourself off stair sets.

The X Games saw some other amazing moments, BMXer Mat Hoffman bailed and took a 15 foot fall, standing up and bowing to the audience. and Marissa Del Santo pulled off a perfect backside in the Women's Skateboard Street competition getting her first ever X-Games win!

Congratulations guys, go big!